Employee or Dependent Gains Other Coverage
- Review your benefits to determine if you need to remove your spouse or dependents from coverage.
- Compare coverage, deductibles, coinsurance/co-payments, monthly contributions, additional charges/penalties such as late cancellation charges, and determine how benefits are coordinated.
- Changes must be due to and consistent with the change in coverage.
- Allowable Changes for Gain of Other Coverage (within 31 days, including the date of the event)
- Health, Dental, Vision: Employee may drop coverage for all or some dependents, provided spouse, employee or dependent is enrolling in plan for which spouse/employee/dependent is newly eligible.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account: Employee may decrease or cease election if gains eligibility under spouse’s or dependent’s plan.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): Employee can decrease or stop coverage for self, spouse, or dependents.
- Optional Life Insurance: Employee can decrease or stop coverage for self, spouse, or dependents.
- How to request a change (within 31 days, including the date of the event)
Log into BenefitSolver by visiting www.myMPCbenefits.com/mybenefits.
Logging into BenefitSolver Instructions
- Click on the Change My Benefits box.
- Click on the Life Event box.
- Choose the appropriate life event and proceed through the screens to complete the benefit change.
The effective date of coverage will be the later of the date of the event, or the date the life event is completed in BenefitSolver.
- Documentation Needed (within 31 days, including the date of the event)
- Supporting documentation is required to prove gained coverage under another plan. This could be a letter from your spouse’s employer or a Certificate of Coverage showing that coverage has or will be beginning. The effective date of the new coverage(s) must be listed as part of the required documentation.
- Where to Go for Assistance
Active Employees: Did you know employees can now find answers to their Benefits/HR related questions immediately, within Workday? Visit Workday and enter your topic within the search bar at the top of the Workday screen to view related articles.
Can’t find your answer within an article? Workday also provides opportunities for employees to obtain answers by creating cases that are assigned to subject matter experts within MPC, to help answer your questions. To create a case, visit Workday and type “create a case” in the Workday search bar.
Retirees/Non Employees: For questions please email Benefits@MarathonPetroleum.com or call 1-888-421-2199, Option 1, then Option 3.
- Where to Find Plan Documents
Go to www.myMPCbenefits.com and click on “Notices & Plan Documents."
No portion of this benefits summary is intended to change the terms of the plans and policies, or the official texts that control them. If there is any inconsistency between this summary and the official texts of the plans and policies, the official texts will prevail.