How to Set Up a Preventive Exam
- What You Need to Know
Your health and well-being are a priority for Marathon Petroleum. And since preventive care is one of the best ways to protect your good health, our health plan covers a range of annual preventive care services at 100% (subject to In-Network providers), including physical exams and designated preventive screenings and immunizations.
- Who Is Eligible
Marathon Petroleum employees and retirees under age 65 who participate in the health plan, and their covered dependents, are eligible.
- Making the Most of Your Preventive Services Coverage
Check out the following tips to help you make the most of your preventive services coverage:
- Do your research — Go to www.myMPCbenefits.com/Documents/MPC-Preventive-Care.pdf to find out what preventive services and tests are covered.
- Plan ahead — Don’t put off your preventive exam until the last minute. Set up your appointments well in advance to make sure you get all your recommended tests and screenings. If applicable, schedule appointments for your eligible spouse and covered dependents too.
- Call your primary care physician — Contact your doctor’s office to schedule a preventive exam. Ask if they can coordinate scheduling of all your preventive care services.
- Make sure services are coded as “preventive” — Remind the doctor/nurse/receptionist that you have come for a preventive exam and that services should be coded as “preventive” and not “diagnostic.” In-Network preventive services are covered at 100%. Services coded as diagnostic or coded improperly will not be covered in full. As a result, you may be required to pay a deductible and coinsurance for services received.
- Put your data to good use — Ask your doctor for a copy of your test results — especially your blood work. Active employees can use this information for the Health Assessment and enter it in the Personal Health Record provided on the www.mympcwellallways.com site. This data will not only help you keep tabs on how you’re doing year to year, but also serve as a starting point for creating a wellness “action plan.” Check out the www.mympcwellallways.com site for ideas on how to manage and improve your overall health.
- Plan for next year — Before leaving your doctor’s office, be sure to fill out a reminder card about scheduling next year’s checkup.
- Where to Go for Assistance
If you have questions about preventive services, please contact Anthem at 855-698-5676.
No portion of this benefits summary is intended to change the terms of the plans and policies, or the official texts that control them. If there is any inconsistency between this summary and the official texts of the plans and policies, the official texts will prevail.