Expand All
Documentation Required

If you terminate a domestic partner relationship that has been previously recognized by the Company, you must complete a Marathon Petroleum Statement of Termination of Domestic Partner Relationship and request a change within 31 days of the event.

If you marry your domestic partner, you do not need to complete the form, but you will need to submit documentation. See "Adding Dependent."

Documentation must be provided within 31 days, including the date of the event.

How to request a change (within 31 days, including the date of the event)

Log into BenefitSolver by visiting www.myMPCbenefits.com/mybenefits.

Logging into BenefitSolver Instructions

Once logged in:

  • Click on the Change My Benefits box.
  • Click on the Life Event box.
  • Choose the appropriate life event and proceed through the screens to complete the benefit change.
Health , Dental Vision, Life and AD&D Coverage
  • All coverage for domestic partner and children of the domestic partner ends on the date the relationship is terminated.
  • If the employee is losing coverage under the domestic partner’s plans, employee may enroll in Health, Dental and/or Vision coverage. Coverage will be effective the date the request is submitted. Please see the employee loses other coverage tip sheet.
Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation

To update beneficiary designations, click here.

How to Update a Home Address or Telephone Number

Active employees must make address updates in Workday. Visit Workday and type in “change my contact information”.

Retirees and Non Employees, please email your updated address information to HRDataHelp@MarathonPetroleum.com.

Thrift Plan

To update beneficiary information for the Thrift Plan, log on to your account at www.netbenefits.com/marathonpetroleum. Click the “Your Profile” tab and then “Beneficiaries.’ After you have used the online tool to designate your beneficiaries, you can view or change your designations online at any time. If you prefer to use a paper form to designate your beneficiaries, request the form by calling Fidelity at 1-866-602-0595.

COBRA Coverage

COBRA coverage is offered to your former Domestic Partner (and his/her children). More information, here.

Where to Go for Assistance

Active Employees: Did you know employees can now find answers to their Benefits/HR related questions immediately, within Workday? Visit Workday and enter your topic within the search bar at the top of the Workday screen to view related articles.

Can’t find your answer within an article? Workday also provides opportunities for employees to obtain answers by creating cases that are assigned to subject matter experts within MPC, to help answer your questions. To create a case, visit Workday and type “create a case” in the Workday search bar.

Retirees/Non Employees: For questions please email Benefits@MarathonPetroleum.com or call 1-888-421-2199, Option 1, then Option 3.

Where to Find Plan Documents

Go to www.myMPCbenefits.com and click on “Notices & Plan Documents."

No portion of this benefits summary is intended to change the terms of the plans and policies, or the official texts that control them. If there is any inconsistency between this summary and the official texts of the plans and policies, the official texts will prevail.

Updated 01/2020