Employee or Dependent Loses Access to Other Coverage
- Review your benefits to determine if you need to add your spouse or dependents to coverage.
- Compare coverage, deductibles, coinsurance/co-payments, monthly contributions, additional charges/penalties such as late cancellation charges, and determine how benefits are coordinated.
- If you or your spouse are both employed by Marathon Petroleum, be aware that only one of you can insure eligible children, and that you cannot be a member and a dependent of the same plan.
- Changes must be due to and consistent with the change in access to coverage.
- Allowable Changes for Loss of Other Coverage (within 31 days, including the date of the event)
- Health, Dental, Vision: Employee may enroll employee, spouse, or dependents who lose eligibility under spouse’s or dependent’s employer’s plan.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account: Employee may enroll in or increase election. Please note that at least one payroll cycle must remain in the year for changes to be completed.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): Employee can make any change for self, spouse, or dependents.
- Optional Employee Life Insurance: Employee can enroll in or increase by one level without completing a Statement of Health (SOH) up to $750,000 OR can enroll or increase by any level with an approved SOH.
- Spouse Life Insurance: Spouse can enroll up to $10,000 or increase by one level up to $50,000 without SOH OR can enroll or increase by any amount with an approved SOH.
- Dependent Life Insurance: Any election change permitted.
- How to request a change (within 31 days, including the date of the event)
Log into BenefitSolver by visiting www.BenefitsEnroll.com.
Logging into BenefitSolver Instructions
- Click on the Change My Benefits box.
- Click on the Life Event box.
- Choose the appropriate life event and proceed through the screens to complete the benefit change.
The effective date of coverage will be the later of the date of the event, or the date the life event is completed in BenefitSolver.
- Eligible Dependents
- Your Legally Married Spouse
- Your Common Law Spouse
- Your Domestic Partner
- Your children including:
- Natural children of the first degree
- Legally adopted children and children placed with you for adoption
- Children whose parents are both deceased for whom you have legal custody as determined by a court of competent jurisdiction
- Your Domestic Partner's children
- Documentation Needed (within 31 days, including the date of the event)
- Supporting documentation is required to prove loss of coverage under another plan. This could be a letter from your spouse’s employer or a Certificate of Coverage showing that coverage has or will be ending.
In addition, if you are adding eligible dependents, the following will be required:
- For your spouse, you will need to provide a copy of your marriage license.
- For your child(ren), you will need to provide a copy of one of the following items: the birth certificate verifying the child is your natural child (or your spouse or domestic partner’s natural child); legal adoption papers; legal papers placing the child with you for adoption; or if both of the child’s parents are deceased, legal custody papers.
- For a qualified domestic partner, you and your domestic partner must complete the Marathon Petroleum Domestic Partner Certification and provide copies of documentation as stated on that form.
- Where to Go for Assistance
You can contact a Marathon Petroleum Benefits Service Center representative in the Findlay office at 1-888-421-2199 or email: Benefits@MarathonPetroleum.com.
- Where to Find Plan Documents
Go to www.myMPCbenefits.com and click on “Notices & Plan Documents."
No portion of this benefits summary is intended to change the terms of the plans and policies, or the official texts that control them. If there is any inconsistency between this summary and the official texts of the plans and policies, the official texts will prevail.