In order to request a benefit under the Educational Reimbursement Plan, the following process should be followed.
Step #1 - Obtain Approval:
Before beginning a Degree Program, a Non-degree Course, or a C&L Program, you should first obtain approval from your Manager/Supervisor as specified below. Once you have management approval, your local HRC should also review the documentation, as applicable, and confirm your eligibility.
- To request approval to begin a Degree Program, first complete and submit a Degree Program Application (paper form) to your Manager/Supervisor and HRC along with a Tuition Assistance Repayment Agreement.
- Once the appropriate signatures are obtained, create a degree record in SAP Online Services.
- Your degree record will later be edited to request reimbursement of eligible expenses for courses related to this degree.
- Approval for a course that is not part of a Degree Program is obtained verbally. Discuss the course with your manager prior to enrolling.
- Once the appropriate approval is obtained approval from your Manager/Supervisor, create a record for a course outside a degree in SAP Online Services.
- At this step, you will enter basic information about the course, including university name, course name, and dates. (Grade and cost information will be entered after the course has been completed.)
- To request approval to pursue a professional Certification or License, obtain verbal approval from your Manager/Supervisor. (There are no paper forms for C&L.)
- You will create a record in SAP Online Services, but not until after you have taken the exam, if applicable.
Step #2 - Complete the course or Program:
After you obtain approval, you must successfully complete the course or program before you request reimbursement.
You are not eligible for a reimbursement until after the course or program has been successfully completed under the terms of the Plan.
Step #3 - Request Reimbursement:
After you have successfully completed a course or program, you can request reimbursement of your eligible expenses through SAP Online Services. All reimbursement requests are entered in your record, as specified below, approved by your Manager/Supervisor, then routed to HR to processed.
- Add the course to your degree record in SAP Online Services, entering all the required information.
- Add the cost and grade information to the course record you previously created in SAP Online Services.
- Create a Certification and Licensing record in SAP Online Services, entering all the required information.
For step-by-step instructions on how to enter a request for reimbursement, see the Instructions for Entering Educational Reimbursement Requests in SAP Online Services, which can be found on MPCConnect. Be sure to review the instructions applicable to the type of reimbursement you are requesting.
Step #4 - Provide Documentation:
In addition to entering the course or program information online, you must also submit all required documentation to your HRC before they can review and finalize your request. Once approved, educational reimbursement benefits are processed by payroll and will appear in your paycheck as “Tuition Aid.”