Domestic Partner - Add
- Eligible Domestic Partners
Employees must satisfy the criteria established in the Marathon Petroleum Domestic Partner Certification form for the relationship to be recognized by the Company and provide:
- 3 forms of proof of the relationship - information must be dated at least 1 year immediately preceding the date of the signed form. See question 2 on the FAQs (attached to the Certification Form) for examples of proof;
or, in the alternative,
- proof of registration of a domestic partner relationship in a state that provides for such registration.
Note: Marathon Petroleum provides spousal coverage for same sex spouse & common law marriage.
- Allowable Changes (within 31 days, including the date of the event)
- The effective date of coverage will be the later of the date of the event, or the date the request is made with BenefitSolver at www.BenefitsEnroll.com
- Domestic partners and children of domestic partners may be added to the current Health Plan, Dental Plan and/or Vision Plan.
- Employees may enroll self, domestic partner and children of domestic partner for Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage or increase coverage. Please see the Life Insurance page for more information.
- Employees may enroll self, domestic partner and children of domestic partner to the Optional Life insurance plans. Please see the Life Insurance page for more information.
- If you and your domestic partner are both employed by Marathon Petroleum, be aware of the following:
- Only one of you can insure eligible children.
- You cannot be covered as both a member and a dependent of the same plan.
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Designations
To update Life Insurance beneficiary information, click here.
- Thrift Plan Beneficiary Designations
To update Thrift Plan beneficiary information, click here.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
In general, you cannot use your Health Care FSA for your domestic partner’s unreimbursed medical, dental or vision expenses. In order to cover eligible expenses for your domestic partner and his/her children under a Health Care FSA, the person for whom the expense is submitted must qualify as your dependent under IRS regulations. (This also applies to any expenses paid from any HSA you may have.)
- Where to Go for Assistance
You can contact a Marathon Petroleum Benefits Service Center representative in the Findlay office at 1-888-421-2199 or email: Benefits@MarathonPetroleum.com.
- Where to Find Plan Documents
Go to www.myMPCbenefits.com and click on “Notices & Plan Documents."
No portion of this benefits summary is intended to change the terms of the plans and policies, or the official texts that control them. If there is any inconsistency between this summary and the official texts of the plans and policies, the official texts will prevail.