Benefits Enrollment (For New and Rehired Regular Full-Time and Regular Part-Time Employees)
- What You Need to Know
To make sure you and your family get the benefits coverage you want, it’s important to understand the enrollment process so your benefits elections are received on time. You have the opportunity to elect benefits within 31 days of your hire date with the company. Coverage is effective on your first day, as long as you have enrolled in the coverage and submitted applicable supporting documentation (birth certificate, marriage license, etc). If you waive coverage within your new hire 31 day window, you must wait until Annual Enrollment to make changes to your benefits; unless you experience a qualifying event.
- What You Need to Do
Deadline for Enrollment
Benefit elections must be made by registering with BenefitSolver at www.BenefitsEnroll.com.
Logging into BenefitSolver Instructions
Enrollment for each benefit plan must be completed within 31 days (including your hire date) or you will be waived in that benefit plan. Your elected coverage is effective on your first day with the company, if you have provided your supporting documentation (birth certificate, marriage license, etc..) within 31 days.
Keep in mind that if you enroll dependents in benefit coverage, it may be 10 days between the date the Marathon Petroleum Benefits Service Center enters the information on our system and the date the information is posted to the Anthem, Express Scripts and/or Delta Dental systems.
If You Want to Add a Domestic Partner
To add a domestic partner, you must submit the Domestic Partner Certification Form.
Please Note: If you are married, do NOT complete the Certificate of Domestic Partner Relationship form to add your spouse as a domestic partner.
- Health Plan
If you enroll in the Health Plan:
Anthem Group#: 003329993
Anthem Website: www.Anthem.com
Anthem Health Guide Customer Service: 1-855-698-5676
Express Scripts Bin#: 610014
Express Scripts Group#: MARAPET
Express Scripts Website: www.Express-Scripts.com
Express Scripts Customer Service: 1-877-207-1357
- You will receive a higher level of benefit from the plan if you go to Anthem network providers. Prescription drug coverage is provided only if you use Express Scripts participating pharmacies or Express Scripts mail order for your covered prescriptions. Information on the Health Plan can be found in the Medical section.
- ID cards and welcome packets from Express Scripts (prescription drugs) and Anthem will be mailed to your home address within three weeks after your benefit choices are entered on the system. Please Note: Only the employee’s name will appear on the cards for Express Scripts. Each covered dependent will receive a card from Anthem.
- Do not schedule medical appointments until you receive your Health Plan ID card. If you have an emergency prior to obtaining your cards, pay the provider and ask the provider to submit the claim when you have your card.
- If you need a prescription prior to receiving your Express Scripts ID cards, go to a participating pharmacy and pay for the drug. Once you receive your ID card and your member number, obtain a direct claim form from www.mympcbenefits.com under Forms or by going to www.express-scripts.com signing in and clicking on Forms & Cards. Complete the information, attach the appropriate documents and return it to Express Scripts. Express Scripts will process the claim, apply the necessary deductible and reimburse you as appropriate.
- It is your responsibility to determine if your provider is in your plan’s network (including network pharmacies for prescription drugs).
- Dental Plan
If you enroll in the Dental Plan:
Delta Dental Website: www.deltadentaloh.com
Delta Dental Customer Service: 1-800-524-0149
- The plan allows you to go to any licensed dentist. However, if you go to a dentist in the Delta Dental PPO or Premier network, your fees may be reduced. Information on the Dental Plan can be found in the Dental section.
- Registration information, instructions for searching for in-network providers and more can be found at www.dentaldentaloh.com/marathon.
- To obtain a claim form for out-of-network claims, go to www.myMPCbenefits.com, choose Forms and click on the Delta Dental of Ohio Claim Form under “Your Health Forms.”
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA) and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (LPFSA)
Please see the Medical Expense Reimbursement page for more information.
- Vision Plan
If you enroll in the Vision Plan:
Anthem Group#: 003329993
Anthem Website: www.anthem.com
Anthem Customer Service: 1-866-723-0515
- To obtain the highest level of benefit from the plan you must go to an Anthem Blue View Vision network provider.
- ID cards will be mailed from Anthem to your home address a few weeks after you’re enrolled. If enrolled in medical, you will only receive one card for both..
- Information on the Anthem Blue View Vision Plan can be found in the Vision section.
- If you go to an Out-of-Network provider, you will receive a lower level of benefit from the plan, and you must submit a claim form for reimbursement. To obtain a claim form, go to www.myMPCbenefits.com, choose Forms and click on the Anthem Blue View Vision Claim Form (Out-of-Network).
- Thrift Plan
- Fidelity will update with your information on the following Tuesday of your hire date. You will then be able to elect your Thrift Plan contribution at www.netbenefits.com/marathonpetroleum
- Marathon Petroleum will help your savings grow by matching your contributions. You become immediately vested in Company contributions.
- You are immediately eligible to participate in the Thrift Plan. For every $1.00 you contribute, up to 6% of your pay, the Company will contribute $1.17. In other words, if you contribute 6%, the Company will contribute 7%.
If you have questions regarding benefits enrollment or Marathon Petroleum’s benefits plans, call the Marathon Petroleum Benefits Service Center at 1-888-421-2199, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, or send an email to Benefits@MarathonPetroleum.com.
No portion of this benefits summary is intended to change the terms of the plans and policies, or the official texts that control them. If there is any inconsistency between this summary and the official texts of the plans and policies, the official texts will prevail.